Cockroaches on a train: First in sambhar, then in berth, Thane family has a harrowing trip
A train journey from Pune to Thane turned sour for a family after a cockroach in the compartment fell into their sambhar. The family then realised that there were a number of cockroaches underneath their seats
Seethalakshmy G, 34, a resident of Thane west, had planned a visit to Pune to meet her cousin last Friday. She booked her return tickets on the Pragati Express and boarded the train on Tuesday morning. Her parents in-law, M P Haran, 77, and Renuka Haran, 72, along with her two kids Ashvika, 3, and Adhvaid, 9, were travelling with her.
“My son was hungry and we opened our lunchbox that had sambhar. We had a couple of morsels, but then a cockroach fell into the lunchbox, and we had to throw out the meal. We were then shocked to see a number of cockroaches under the seat,” Seethalakshmy told DNA.
Seethalakshmy also alleged that when the family complained to the ticket collector, he just smiled and did nothing.
Her father-in-law, M P Haran added that the government should provide adequate services to the passengers, and should take accountability of lapses, rather than turn a blind eye to such grievous issues. “Our journey was a nightmare because of …read more