Ariana Grande suspends tour after Manchester attack, other bands follow suit
Ariana Grande has called off two London concerts and five in Europe after a suicide bomber killed 22 people at her performance in Manchester, England, the US pop singer’s representatives said on Wednesday.
Monday’s bombing, which killed 22 people and wounded 64, also resulted in the cancellation of next week’s London premiere of the superhero film Wonder Woman” and increased security for a music festival this weekend featuring pop star Katy Perry in the northern English city of Hull.
Grande, 23, who tweeted earlier this week that she was “broken” by the Manchester attack, had been due to perform on Thursday and Friday at London’s O2 arena as part of her “Dangerous Woman” tour.
from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words.
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) May 23, 2017
Both shows have been cancelled, as well as performances in Belgium, Poland, Germany and Switzerland through June 5, her record label said in a statement.
“Due to the tragic events in Manchester the Dangerous Woman tour with Ariana Grande has been suspended until we can further assess the situation and pay our proper respects to those lost,” the statement said. “Our way of life has …read more